Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Saturday!

We haven't been eating out a lot lately. Trying to save up for my daughter's softball tournaments. I cook at home but it's nothing special at all. Just whatever I can throw together so I haven't been posting much of anything. I have my magazine's out today so I can get some inspiration for healthy meals for the family. Hopefully they'll work out and I can take some pics of the food and share the recipes with you. I'll also add the weight watcher points for those interested.

I saved my points yesterday because I knew that we would be eating out after my daughter's games. We chose to eat at Taziki's in Hoover off of Hwy 31 mainly because it's right next door to Gigi's cupcakes and I wanted to treat the kids to a cupcake. I planned to try a few bites of the cupcakes but count a whole so I wouldn't mess up and eat too much.

Taziki's has other options other than gyros so I wanted to try something that didn't have feta in it.

My daughter ordered the hot beef tenderloin sandwich with fruit and chips. She wanted the sandwich without the horseradish sauce. Every single bit of the sandwich was gone so I would venture out and say that she loved it. Oh and another clue? Was the mmmmm momma mmmm this is so good. You should try it!
Nick ordered the pork tenderloin with grilled asparagus and roasted potatoes. He commented that the pork was cooked very well and was seasoned perfectly. So A+ on his lunch too. He didn't finish all the asparagus so I took it off of his plate to try it - YUM! Tonight I'm going to buy some asparagus to grill.

Stephie ordered the pasta special. It was grilled chicken and penne pasta on top of a salad with basil and balsamic vinegar dressing. I had that exact salad when I went to lunch with Kristy in Tuscaloosa and enjoyed it.
My youngest daughter ordered the grilled chicken on a bed of rice with fruit. She ate the chicken but didn't like the way the rice tasted. They added lemon I believe and some parsley and she's not too fond of anything green. I ended up eating her rice (traded her my potato chips for the rice). I liked it but I could see why she wouldn't eat it. She likes her food to be simple - rice with a bit of butter and that's it.

I ordered the pork tenderloin sandwich with veggies. It was very good. I ended up eating my sandwich, fruit and Noelle's rice. Counted all of it and it was well within my range. So I could sit back and enjoy my lunch without any feelings of failure - HAHAHA! But the pork was tender, the veggies were fresh, and I believe the bun was a potato bun. Not too sure though. Could have done without the sauce they put on it. It was some type of aioli but it just tasted like honey mustard - and I'm not a huge fan of honey mustard.
The pictures are kinda dark but you can see what kind of cupcakes we ordered. Nick ordered the Boston Creme (our favorite! VERY good!) and my youngest daughter chose the red velvet (best I've ever eaten).
My oldest daughter ordered the chocolate with vanilla frosting and chocolate chips (I could pass that one up) and the kentucky bourbon (liked it but I'm not a huge fan of all the nuts). My girls can't wait to try some more. I told them we would go every now and then on different days so they can try different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment