Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lost!

3.2 pounds! Doesn't seem like a lot but I'm excited it's going in the right direction. I wish I had lost at least 5 but that doesn't seem like it would be a reality without some strenuous exercise - in which I haven't even attempted at this point. My joints are squeaky and cry out in misery if I do anything but walk (excuses excuses!). I will start some movement soon though because I know I need to. But as I am trying to change the way I eat, I need all my motivation to be focused in that for now - for at least 2-3 weeks that is. I'll start my workout planning soon!

Work has been stressful for the past few days. I'm surprised that the stress hasn't caused me to black out and hit the chocolate but it hasn't.... yet. I keep fruit in the fridge at work and a small weight watcher chocolate bar in my drawer. So far so good! I still have those thoughts... go get a juicy delicious cheeseburger with all the goodies mmmmmm or what about those doughy kolaches in the kitchen mmmmmm. But I'm able to push on through and decide not to eat them. Now I'm not in a fantasy world where I'll never touch the food again but I know that if I don't really want them, pass them by. If there comes an instance where I'll have additional stress or irritation from not having one, then I'll eat half of one. I'm on a roll people!

Speaking of which, I'd like to let you know what a kolache is! You can get them at Shipley's Donuts off of Lorna Road. They bake ham, pepperoni, turkey, sausage and sausage with fresh jalapenos in a potato dough (not sweet) with some cheese. So what comes out is a roll of fresh bread with cheesy hot meaty goodness inside. They are delicious but very heavy so eat with caution!

Next weight update will be next Tuesday. Let's see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment