Monday, August 8, 2011

Vietnamese Food

Not sure if I ever posted our many trips to eat Vietnamese. I'm not even going to pretend I know what these are all called because I can never remember. I just try something different every time Nick and I meet for Vietnamese. We've tried two different restaurants and like different things about both places. The restaurant that we usually meet at is on Greensprings Highway and is called Pho Que Huong. I've never had anything there that I haven't loved. We've tried soup noodle bowls, noodle plates, vermicelli noodle bowls, summer rolls and the banh mi (sandwich). Yum! The other restaurant we tried was Saigon Noodle House off of 280. They are very good as well! Their banh mi had lots of meat in it but I didn't taste the pickled veggies - on second thought, I didn't taste it at the other restaurant either. I love pickled veggies so I would love to eat one with some pickled veggies with some bite!

The photos below were taken at both restaurants. I could eat all of this good stuff every single day. I even follow the Nom Nom truck because they sell banh mi's from a food truck in California. I know there is no way they would come down here but I love hearing about what they sell and love to see the response from their customers. Weird.... I know!

Don't be afraid to try Vietnamese food. Just ask for their advice and go for it! Try something new.

Pork banh mi. It has pork, bell pepper, pickled diakon and carrots, cilantro and jalapenos.
The toppings for your soup noodle bowl. Basil, bean sprouts, lime and jalapenos...
Another banh mi (from Saigon Noodle House).
Shrimp noodle dish from Saigon Noodle House.
Mmmm... now this was delicious. I wish I could tell you what it is called on the menu.
Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment