Saturday, July 16, 2011

Food choices

I'm proud of my food choices and love the new Weight Watchers program. I love it because fruits and veggies are free foods. Well some veggies are! I go straight for the apple, pear, celery, spinach or peach when I need a pick me up snack. And it doesn't take any points from my total so that makes me incredibly happy! Here are some of my choices from the week:

-coffee with splenda with 2 tbsp of creamer measured
-wheat toast with a slice of cheese
-apples, pears, a banana (eat in moderation), plums and peach
-sandwiches rolled in a wheat pita, lettuce, lean turkey, mustard and cheese slice
-lots of water and coke zeros every now and then

I went to Jim and Nick's for lunch and had turkey brisket, collard greens and a cucumber/tomato/onion salad and ate one cheese biscuit (found the smallest in the basket).

We also went to Cheesecake Factory where I opted for the grilled salmon with salt and pepper, brown rice (ate half), and broccoli. We ordered steamed edamame for appetizer (which was excellent!). I was so super stuffed and satisfied. Great lunch and only used about a third of my allotted points for the day. I didn't want any cheesecake or bread.

I made sloppy joe's for family dinner night and used plenty of red peppers and onions. I plugged it into the recipe builder on weight watchers and found out that a serving was only 7 points. So I ate my sloppy joe on slim wheat sandwich bread and measured out a serving of fries (5). As I cooked, I made sure I had some black olives available to snack on so I wouldn't go for chips or extra sloppy joe right out of the pan. That worked wonders!

I also bought some Weight Watcher bars at my meeting so if I wanted something sweet, I could eat a bar. I got the toasted coconut and chocolate bar (YUM!), the lemon bars (okay), and the chocolate caramel bar (haven't tried) and they are only 2 points a bar. So far it's taken the place of the candy bars I head for around 3:00 every afternoon at work. It's been a great for me.

And last but not least, I cooked breakfast this morning. My daughters wanted an omelet and I wasn't sure I wanted that. I ended up frying two eggs in olive oil, then threw in some spinach and lean turkey breast. It was so good! I didn't use fresh garlic so I threw in some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Delish!

I'm going to look through some recipes and see what I can make for them family. I'll blog about my findings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment