Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lunch - Pita sandwich

Thanks to Mollie G., we went straight to the deli counter at Publix and got some of their pepperoni. It is very yummy! My youngest daughter does not like sandwiches. She will take the bread right off and eat the lunch meat. So I saved her a step and packed her lunch with: rolled up Boar's Head Black Forest Ham, Pepperoni, Mozzarella stick, pickle, fritos and strawberries. I started the week by writing notes for her lunch box. I found scripture that would be easy for a child to understand. She loves her notes so much that she has decided to save all of them so she can look back at them when she's older. She is my sentimental sweetie. Love her!!!
For my oldest, she got a pita sandwich. I mixed spinach, romaine and mushrooms and added Paul Newman italian dressing. Stuffed the pita with the salad and added shredded mozzarella. Then topped it with ham. She said her sandwich was amazing... made me so happy!
She had her pita sandwich, mozzarella stick (I didn't add much to the sandwich since she had the stick), a pickle, strawberries and for snack/dessert a special K bar. The pita sandwich is a HIT so if you are looking for a lunch for your teenager - make her a pita sammy!
I need to look up some recipes or different sandwiches to send so it doesn't get boring for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment