Sunday, May 1, 2011

Seoul Restaurant

There is a Korean restaurant off of Greensprings that Nick and I like to go to for Korean food. I really don't know of another Korean restaurant near us. I have a Korean friend from the St. Louis area that said he liked it but they had some items that he wish they had. Hopefully we'll find another one that we can try as well. My favorite is Kimchee. I could eat it with anything!

They start you off with side dishes or appetizers. Pictured are (left picture): Black beans and anchovies, kimchee, turnips and seaweed. (Right picture): Kimchee. YUM!
Pickled cucumbers. I love these. They are pickled and a bit sweet.
Spicy bean sprouts and seaweed. Both are so good. I can eat them by itself but Nick likes to wait for the rice so it will not be so spicy.
I ordered the rice bowl pictured on the left. The rice was placed in a hot pot that made the rice that contacted the bowl crispy. There were pickled veggies, stir fried veggies, some pork on top of the rice and to top it all off... a fried egg. They gave me a chili sauce to put on the rice that was not too hot. It was a spicy sweet red chili sauce that was so good. Nick got the beef bulgogi - stir fried beef, onions, bell pepper and sesame seeds. His tummy was not up for spicy that day.
The food was good overall. I was not a huge fan of the beef because I would have liked it with more spice but I did love my rice bowl. If you go, be adventurous!



No comments:

Post a Comment