Thursday, April 21, 2011

Great BBQ

When I'm out in the field for work, the main topic of conversation is "so, where do we stop for lunch?" I never matters to me since I'm not sure what's out there as far as food choices. I'll stop and get some peanut butter crackers and a coke zero just in case we don't stop. That will prevent me from - as my daughter says - eating my arm off. Thank goodness for peanut butter crackers! HA!

We had a tough day today... walking through standing water, slipping on mud and sinking in fresh soil that is way too waterlogged to do any good! Oh and lets not forget the little critters that will hitch a ride on your pant legs... ugh! So I chose where we would stop for a break and eat some lunch.

Today's choice was the GreenTop in Dora/Sumiton Alabama. This is a restaurant that hasn't changed it bbq recipe in years. They have some great bbq and this truth is realized as you walk in and see the diversity of people who come in to eat. No conversation - just eating!

They have BBQ plates, salads, potatoes, hamburgers, fries... I would say that EVERYTHING is good here but I can't because I'm still stuck on the BBQ salad with ranch dressing - oh I also add their BBQ sauce topped off with some hot sauce. YUM!

This salad is really good. I think it's because of my affinity to onions and pickles. The salad is made of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheese and bbq. Simple and very satisfying. The ranch dressing is made in house and it makes such a big difference. Mmm good eats.

Nick asked me to get him the BBQ potato - which he loves because they only put the BBQ, cheese and sauce on it. He doesn't care for butter and he hates sour cream.

If you are ever on Hwy 78 in Dora/Sumiton - go check out the GreenTop. I can only suggest the salad since that's all I ever have there. You can also try their white bbq sauce. I prefer the regular red sauce but I hear many people singing the praises of their white sauce on chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment