Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lunch

My middle child is my pickiest eater. She doesn't like to try anything that isn't ham or a chicken nugget/finger. Seriously, it's insane. How did this happen? We have no idea. I didn't get a picture of her lunch because it's pretty standard. Blackforest ham cut into little rabbits (for Easter!), a whole pickle, Ritz crackers, vanilla cookies and sweet heat bbq chips. I'm sure she'll eat all of it! I'll need some ideas for something more creative for her.

My oldest child loves food. She's the one that you LOVE to cook for because she tells you how wonderful the food is with every bite. She is a joy to cook for just because she'll try anything! So today I cooked some pasta salad - tri-colored veggie pasta, sliced black olives and green onions mixed with some Paul Newman's Italian dressing. I placed a bed of baby spinach at the bottom, some sliced mushrooms and topped it with the pasta salad. Added a bit more dressing and then topped it with rough chopped ham. Added some pepper as well.

I put some sliced mango, pineapple and grapes in another container. A Special K bar in case she needs a snack either before or after lunch.
All neatly packed into a large rubbermaid container. That and a Life Water - and lunch is ready!
Working on my post-it notes so they get some inspiration while they eat their lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment