Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm taking over this blog!

Since my husband takes months to update his blog - I decided to take over! My intention is to show you our everyday life and what we eat at home. The good, the bad and the very yucky at times! It's not easy for me to think of a menu for dinners - I don't have much time to look for recipes either so I tend to just throw items together from memory. It's good sometimes - but can end up being a disaster pretty quickly! I am so tired of eating out. You know it's bad when you go through a laundry list of restaurants and everything sounds mundane because you've been there. That's terrible - but true.

Lately we've been at the ball park all of the time. The delicious fried food at the park is good but not so healthy... and can break you rather quickly. So in order to save $$ we are going to do our best to bring food with us and prepare meals at home. Quick meals - so I need to find recipes to do that! If you have any to share, please do! In the meantime, I'll share the food that I whip up in our little kitchen.

My kids asked me to start packing their lunches as well. Apparently the school system has made their food so healthy that it tastes like cardboard... just bland and unappetizing. I also found out that my daughter threw away the majority of her food because she didn't like the way it tasted. WHAT?!?! That is just wasteful. So I'll put some of my ideas on here as well. I have a friend on Facebook that has inspired me! Carrie - you are amazing! She throws together lunch art on the fly. So I'm going to try my best to mimic her creative food abilities and make some food animals for N so she can decided to save it as her classroom pet instead of eating it. HAHA! I'll go ahead and apologize to her teacher.
So to start off this posting of our healthy dinners, here is our first. Do you recognize this one pot wonder?

If you guessed Hamburger Helper - you would be correct! All I had in the fridge was some good hamburger meat and a pack of very grayish brown hamburger meat. Needless to say, the gray meat was thrown away (which makes me sad because I just bought that meat!).

What did I do to "spruce" it up? Just cut up some green onions. HAHA! I know that's not really sprucing anything up but hey, I tried. I love green onions so it worked for me!

So on my first night of documenting our dinners and how we make it all work, I made hamburger helper. Ugh... not good Jen!


No comments:

Post a Comment