Thursday, April 28, 2011

Catherine's Market

If you do head out to the SpringHouse, you need to walk in to Catherine's Market. It's a small little grocery store with a seafood case and deli. You don't see many small markets anymore - you usually find mega-grocery stores. It was refreshing to see this grocery. I didn't have anything to buy but when we head down next time, I plan on getting some of their fresh baked bread.

The greens looked so vibrant. I couldn't resist taking pictures of the vegetables. I had to check to see if they were using green lights! HA! They weren't - the greens were just beautiful as were the fruit.

My new favorite - fennel. I love licorice so I really love fennel. If you roast veggies with fennel, you will not be disappointed. It gives the veggies such flavor. Mmmmm... think I'll have to roast some vegetables soon! I roast fennel with onion and carrots. It's so good.

I really wish there were bunnies there on Saturday! I wanted to take some pictures with the Easter bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment