Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SpringHouse

If you are ever in the Lake Martin area - heck, you need to drive to the Lake Martin area - go sightseeing, hit the thrift store at Children's Harbor, go to the antique mall and then go straight to the SpringHouse after building up your appetite.

Nick and I love to celebrate my birthday at Hot and Hot Fish Club in Birmingham, Alabama so it's natural that I would love the SpringHouse equally. Both restaurants are amazingly fresh and everything is cooked to perfection. I love that they use fresh items that are grown locally. Perfect!

A photograph of the back of the restaurant. I missed visiting the circular area that sits behind the restaurant. Mollie told me that it reminds here of the knights of the round table. I would love to see it the next time I come. Nick will definitely take me to lunch here again soon!
H was unsure of the menu items. They weren't in the least bit weird or as Anthony Bourdain says the "nasty bits". Everything looked great - I wish I could try everything. H ended up selecting the chicken tenders and fries. The chicken was fried in a cornmeal batter - reminded me of fried catfish. The french fries were crispy and a bit burnt (YUM!) - not burnt to a crisp but had that crisp taste. I thought it was delicious.
I forgot to take a picture of the housemade pimento cheese spread with homemade crackers. It was so so good. Wish I could recreate it.... I'll definitely try to. I picked the pork loin on a bed of white beans and english peas topped with a ramp pesto. MMMmmm Of course H ate most of the pork on everyone's plate. I would most definitely recommend the pork. Now I need to try everything else on the menu. Devin got the burger topped with a fried green tomato and pimento cheese spread with their homemade chips. I can honestly say that the burger was well cooked with a tang from the tomato and a creaminess from the cheese. I will recommend that to anyone. I want to eat it again!
Here's the crew! I'll tell you what everyone ate other than what I said above: Debbie and Rhonda had the pork tenderloin like I did, Mollie had the pizza and Stephie had the blue cheese salad.
It was too windy and a tad to chilly to sit on the back deck. I will want to sit there the next time we come. The view was gorgeous.
The view. Rolling green with a barn and the water beyond. This kind of view makes you want to create... to absorb nature... to bask in God's artistry.
And yea... we got dessert. I didn't get the camera out in time. We POLISHED it off in minutes. Each of us bought a different dessert and tried everything. We ordered the chocolate decadence, the pecan pie, Smore cake, banana pudding, and strawberry shortcake. I was one stuffed happy mother.
Please go try the SpringHouse. I have a good feeling you'll love it! If you're not sure what to order, then invite me. I'll go and show you what to get :)

No comments:

Post a Comment