Monday, August 8, 2011

Food Truck Craze

Nick and I have been obsessed with all shows about food trucks. It's a dream come true that you can get so many different varieties of great food from a truck. I mean come on - it'll come to YOU... if you're in the right location. Birmingham doesn't have many food trucks. There's one downtown called Spoonfed but I haven't tried it yet. I don't get downtown very often.

Then there are the taco trucks. There's one close to my work off of Valley Avenue. It sits in a gas station parking lot. When I first saw it, I was too intimidated to go order anything from them. The parking lot was always full and it seemed that they were all hispanic (which means the food there is amazing.) Anytime you go eat food from another culture and you find the customers are from that area, it always means there's some good food there. Well, that's what I've experienced. Nick was the first to try it with the guys. Then he had to meet me there. After that, I pulled my big girl pants up and went on to order my own food to go. I love that truck. Love it. Wonder if they would follow me home so I won't have to cook dinner....

The tacos here are chicken, al pastor, and barbacoa. No organ meat for me thank you! Maybe I'll be adventurous enough to try it one day. Watching Anthony Bourdain has been visual courage for me... every episode is more encouragement to branch out and try something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment