Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chicken, Broccoli and tomatoes

There are days where I just don't want to find a recipe to make dinner. I looked in the fridge and found some chicken thighs, broccoli and grape tomatoes. I bought them at Publix because they were on sale. I decided to cube the chicken and saute it in olive oil. I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme. I use garlic powder when I don't have fresh garlic to use. I would rather use fresh garlic!

After browning the chicken, I added the broccoli and tomatoes and mixed the food up. I added a cup of water and covered with a lid to steam the vegetables and finish cooking the chicken. I cooked brown rice as a side. It didn't take much time to cook and it was great! The kids loved it which in itself, is a HUGE deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment