Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Sunday food

You can always count on some good food in the south during holidays! We always go to Granddaddy's after church. I made grape salad as my side dish. It's delicious. I learned how to make it from my friend Dawn. She made it for a woman's conference at church and I had to have the recipe.
It's pretty simple: 2 cups red grapes (seedless), 2 cups green grapes (seedless), 8 oz cream cheese softened, 8 oz sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 cup brown sugar. I couldn't find green grapes so I used red - it's prettier with both colors. Melt the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in the microwave and mix well. Add the grapes and stir. Place in a pan. Let it cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set. Then before serving, add the brown sugar and pecans. I doubled the recipe.

Here is what it looked like when it was done. It was a hit!
Steph made the pasta salad. She uses tri-colored pasta, black olives, cucumbers and grape tomatoes cut in half. She adds italian dressing and mixes. Easy and really good!
Grandaddy always provides the ham. I love salty ham but Nick likes sweet. At this point, I don't mind either.
Suzy made deviled eggs. I've never tried to make deviled eggs and I don't bother trying because Suzy are amazing.
Debbie brought the cupcakes. They are too cute! She said she looked for green edible paper but couldn't find any. I think they are precious!
I didn't try the cookies either. They looked good though. Rhonda made them - she had a couple of prepacked cookies - nothing wrong with that because they are easy and taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment